At SquadStack, we believe that a synchronous combination of Humans + AI is the future of work. We leverage technology to build sales-acceleration solutions for consumer companies across the globe.
We are looking for individuals with the right mix of hunger, passion, and cultural-fit to help us realize our vision of ‘re-imagining how work gets done’ while building a people-first organization.
If you’re excited by the prospect of using technology to transform consumer sales, come build SquadStack with us.
You’ll be leading the technology team on our SquadIQ product. Think of the role as a Tech Lead EM kind of role.
You will work together with multiple stakeholders in cross-functional teams - Great products aren’t built with engineering silos. We believe that in early-stage startups, there are no Engineering teams. There are only Product Teams.
If you are interested, Kevin from our Engineering Team wrote a blog that offers a comprehensive window to the coding culture and ethics at Squadstack: Squadstack takes the Joel Test.
SquadIQ (formerly SquadVoice) is the smartest way for consumer companies to increase lead outreach and engagement to increase sales conversions massively.
We're able to drive a 2-5x increase in revenue opportunities with 40% more ROI vs. in-house or outsourced teams. Tata Cliq, Zomato, Myntra, Nestaway, Delhivery, 91springboard, EarlySalary, Upgrad etc. are some of the startups that leverage SquadIQ to boost their conversion rate.
Since April 2020, SquadIQ has been growing up to 200% every month as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the shift towards distributed workforces and remote-first technology to solve sales and fulfilment digitally. To learn more check out how we are responding to the COVID crisis.
What you’ll be doing?
- Act as a lead engineer and resolve blockers. Help the engineering team stay productive :)
- Architecture & design:
- Be the single owner for the whole product architecture & design
- Proactively ensure that the system architecture evolves to meet its changing needs & environment.
- Nurture technical initiatives around tooling, technical debt, security etc.
- Product: Work closely with product, business & operations. Translate abstract business & product requirements into crisp technical specifications along with a delivery roadmap.
- Development: Take a hands-on role as an when required; write & review code on a regular basis. Think of it as a Tech Lead EM kind of role.
- Process: Advocate good engineering practices, proactive RCAs etc.
- Coach & mentor engineers in the team with regular feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
- Managing & supporting the technology team (3-5 members)
- Regular 1-1s. Nurture career development conversations
- Provide regular feedback to reportees
- Work towards building a high-performance team
- Stay & keep the team aligned with the technical & product direction. Provide a solid technical direction including establishing a tech vision, resolving technical disagreements & managing technical quality of deliverables
- Hiring: You will actively take part in building the team & iterating upon our hiring engine.
- Current Stack: Django/Python, Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS EC2/RDS/Lambda/Elasticache/S3, Android/Java etc. - It’s okay if you aren’t familiar with the whole stack as long as you have experience working on distributed systems.
- 4+ years of experience building products.
- 1.5+ years experience in architecting/designing systems from ground-up & leading engineering teams.
- Education: Graduate in a relevant domain (preferably).
- Joining Date: Tomorrow ;)
- Location: We are working remotely for the time being. Once it’s safe to be back in the office we’ll work out of our Noida office.
- Compensation: Competitive + ESOP’s
Why should you consider us seriously?
- Health Insurance
- All office meals are on the house :)
- Unlimited vacation & WFH policy, which means you are not entitled to a specific number of leaves per year. You can take time off from work according to what suits you the best. Needless to say, the system works on trust and we expect you to make fair decisions based on the team's needs. We are a well-balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs and are backed by top investors across India and the Silicon Valley (Blume Ventures, 91springboard, senior product execs at Square, Genpact & Flipkart; co-founders of Infosys, Snapdeal, Slideshare, Zomato, etc)
- You can read more about our values and culture: https://www.squadstack.com/culture/
- We believe that longer-term, people >> product & profits and prioritize culture over everything else. Check out our reviews on glassdoor reviews.