At SquadStack, we believe that a synchronous combination of Humans + AI is the future of work. We leverage technology to build sales-acceleration solutions for consumer companies across the globe.
Our Vision: Access to skilled work, for anyone, anywhere.
With our product SquadIQ: We are building an AI-driven Talent Marketplace for Inside Sales. We match India’s best sales talent & top consumer brands, to drive more conversions, leveraging our A.I.-driven remote sales platform.
We believe that longer-term, people >> product & profits and prioritize culture over everything else. We are looking for individuals with the right mix of hunger, passion, and cultural-fit to help us realize our vision of ‘re-imagining how work gets done’ while building a people-first organization.
We are a 150-people team, have raised ~$7.5M, and grown 10X in the last 18 months. We’re in a high growth phase – to exponentially grow culture, team, products, and revenue – in the next few quarters.
If you’re excited by this, come build SquadStack with us.
About the Opportunity
You’ll be leading the technology team on our SquadIQ product. Think of the role as a Team Lead EM kind of role to begin with.
You will work together with multiple stakeholders in cross-functional teams - Great products aren’t built with engineering silos. We believe that in early-stage startups, there are no Engineering teams. There are only Product Teams.
If you are interested, Kevin from our Engineering Team wrote a blog that offers a comprehensive window to the coding culture and ethics at Squadstack: Squadstack takes the Joel Test.
What you’ll be doing?
- For the first 3 months (or as per your comfort) you’ll work as an IC (embedded into the team). This will be similar to how hubspot does engineering leaders onboarding. Coach, manage & supporting the technology team
- Regular 1-1s. Nurture career development conversations.
- Coach & mentor engineers in the team with regular feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work towards building a high-performance team
- Conduct semi-annual & yearly performance reviews
- Creates an environment of psychological safety, enabling team members to thrive
- Hiring: You will actively take part in building the team & iterating upon our hiring engine.
- Product: Work closely with product, business & operations. Translate abstract business & product requirements into crisp technical specifications along with a delivery roadmap. Create roadmap & delivery plans.
- Process: Advocate good engineering practices, proactive RCAs etc.
- Act as a lead engineer and resolve blockers. Help the engineering team stay productive :)
- Nurture technical initiatives around tooling, technical debt, security etc.
- Assist the Tech Lead with forming a strong tech direction i.e. establishing a technical vision, resolving technical disagreements and managing the technical quality of team deliverables. Assist the tech lead with architectural & design decisions.
- Take a hands-on role as an when required especially in absence of your Tech Lead counterpart.
- Current Stack: Django/Python, Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS EC2/RDS/Lambda/Elasticache/S3, Android/Java/React Native/React JS etc. - It’s okay if you aren’t familiar with the whole stack as long as you have experience working on distributed systems.
- You love growing & nurturing talent
- Proven ability to attract & nurture talent
- You are passionate about culture & grooming high performance engineering teams
- You have 6-10 years of total experience building data intensive products.
- You have 2+ years experience in architecting/designing systems from ground-up
- You have 2+ years experience leading engineering teams.
- Education: Graduate in a relevant domain (preferably).
- Location: Remote first - Hybrid with offices in these locations → BLR, NCR, Goa, Mumbai, Hyderabad & Chennai
- Compensation: 40-70L + ESOP’s
- Joining Date: As soon as possible ;)
Why should you consider us seriously?
- Health Insurance
- Unlimited vacation & WFH policy, which means you are not entitled to a specific number of leaves per year. You can take time off from work according to what suits you the best. Needless to say, the system works on trust and we expect you to make fair decisions based on the team's needs. We are a well-balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs and are backed by top investors across India and the Silicon Valley (Chiratae, Blume Ventures, 91springboard, senior product execs at Square, Genpact & Flipkart; co-founders of Infosys, Snapdeal, Slideshare, Zomato, etc)
- You can read more about our values and culture: https://www.squadstack.com/culture/
- We believe that longer-term, people >> product & profits and prioritize culture over everything else. Check out our reviews on glassdoor reviews
This is just the beginning and we're here to change the world. :)