At SquadStack, we believe that a synchronous combination of Humans + AI is the future of work. We leverage technology to build sales-acceleration solutions for consumer companies across the globe.
We are looking for individuals with the right mix of hunger, passion, and cultural-fit to help us realize our vision of ‘re-imagining how work gets done’ while building a people-first organization.
If you’re excited by the prospect of using technology to transform consumer sales, come build SquadStack with us.
This role sits in our product Auctm, read more about the product below:-
Auctm is the ultimate business management platform for real estate teams in the US, that's designed to help them grow using data science and analytics. It helps broker teams increase revenue, cut down on costs, and improve agent training and retention.
Some of its key features include agent performance management, revenue tracking, profitability management, goal tracking, pipeline management, and insights for key decisions.
About the Opportunity
To start with, you will be responsible for everything frontend at Squad right from our latest responsive website to our new customer-facing products to being an instrumental component in building frontend culture at Squad. We are looking for someone who can be the manager of one from the word go.
We believe that in early-stage startups, there are no Engineering teams. There are only Product Teams. What it means is that not only are you responsible for "how does it work technically", but also "should we make this?", "How well should we build this?", "Is this what the user/customer needs?". We like to focus on outcomes vs output.
You will work in cross-functional teams - Strong products aren’t built with engineering silos. We truly believe in engineers collaborating within a cross-functional setup & contributing with valuable inputs towards the product outcomes.
If you are interested, Kevin from our Engineering Team wrote a blog that offers a comprehensive window to the coding culture and ethics at Squad: Squad takes the Joel Test.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate closely with the marketing, product & design teams
- Transform complex designs and prototypes into beautiful products without sacrificing the vision of the design team or code quality
- Build a highly performant and responsive frontend for marketing and product teams
- Build modern front-end web applications in using the right JS frameworks
- Contributing some back-end experience, collaborating on APIs, and more
- Maintaining software workflow via tools like GitHub, webpack, task runners like Grunt and Gulp, etc.
- Consulting and implementation of SEO best practices
- Own the direction of our front end architecture as we grow the product footprint and team
- Plan projects & initiatives
- Be an active agent towards strengthening the technology team & culture
What’s in it for you?
You get a chance to be one of the first few persons to join the frontend team at Squad and really shape and architect everything here and create massive impact henceforth.
People who have joined us in the past have experienced tremendous growth. You will not only become a better engineer, but we believe that you will have a much more well-rounded growth where you will learn more about various technologies.
Being part of a small team, you will also work directly with the founders and have good transparency into the business strategy, and get to see how a business is built. People who join Squad are extremely smart and you will end up forging lifelong bonds here. :)
Here are a few pieces our Engineers have learned and written about it in the past:
- Experience of a startup from a developer’s desk
- Two years with celery in production
- Lessons I learned to help keep software simple
- How I stopped being awful at managing
- More at Squad Engineering's Medium Publication
What you should have
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Traits & culture: Entrepreneurial & willing go the extra mile. Manager of one. You can read more about our values and culture at https://www.squadplatform.com/careers/.
- Experience developing front-end interfaces by leveraging modern development libraries and toolchains like React/Angular/Vue.js/Any modern framework, Jasmine/Mocha, SASS, Grunt/Gulp, RequireJS/Webpack, etc..
- Deep understanding of DOM, Rendering and how the browser works.
- Experience building web-based user interfaces for mobile and desktop.
- Experience in writing modular and reusable code.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies and processes.
- Experience in building fast, fluid, beautiful user experiences and driving growth in consumer websites and web applications.
- You are generally curious/interested in tech, motivated, creative/entrepreneurial, energetic, humble and hard-working
- Most important - willing to go that extra mile to get the work done.
- Bonus points for experience working on backend technologies :)
- Compensation: 10-12 LPA
- Location: Noida (Remote-first till December 2020)
- Joining Date: ASAP
Why should you consider us seriously
- Health Insurance
- All meals are on the house :)
- Unlimited vacation & WFH policy, which means you are not entitled to a specific number of leaves per year. You can take time off from work according to what suits you the best. Needless to say, the system works on trust and we expect you to make fair decisions based on the team's needs.
- We are a well-balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs and are backed by top investors across India and the Silicon Valley (Blume Ventures, 91springboard, senior product execs at Square, Genpact & Flipkart; co-founders of Infosys, Snapdeal, Slideshare, Zomato, etc)
- You can read more about our values and culture: https://www.squadstack.com/culture/