At SquadStack, we believe that a synchronous combination of Humans + AI is the future of work. We leverage technology to build sales-acceleration solutions for consumer companies across the globe.
We are looking for individuals with the right mix of hunger, passion, and cultural-fit to help us realize our vision of ‘re-imagining how work gets done’ while building a people-first organization.
If you’re excited by the prospect of using technology to transform consumer sales, come build SquadStack with us.
You’ll be leading the technology team on our Auctm. Think of the role as a Tech Lead EM kind of role to begin with. It’ll eventually morph into a full time EM role.
You will work together with multiple stakeholders in cross-functional teams - Great products aren’t built with engineering silos. We believe that in early-stage startups, there are no Engineering teams. There are only Product Teams.
If you are interested, Kevin from our Engineering Team wrote a blog that offers a comprehensive window to the coding culture and ethics at Squadstack: Squadstack takes the Joel Test.
At Auctm, we are building the operating system for the US real estate teams of the future (~$100B industry in just annual commissions).
Despite being a huge market it is extremely fragmented with lots of inefficiencies. The industry has been behind on tech. The systems and tools are reminiscent of Web 1.0, poor user interfaces, highly siloed, and built without consideration for data science, machine learning, design, open APIs, and other themes we’d consider fundamental to product and technology. There are systems of record, but there are no systems of intelligence.
For Brokers; Auctm fixes this all by giving the broker CEO a dashboard that helps them visualize their most important leading and lagging indicators and providing them with their most important insights. This allows them to focus on what’s driving delta in their business, and correct or double down on it.
For Agents; To close the loop, we provide a voice assistant to agents that integrates with the CRM. We built the app after conducting 100s of interviews with agents so that they’d love it. It functions as an Executive Assistant from their phone & helps them automate/delegate all the grunt-work (leads prioritization, meetings scheduling, dictating notes etc.). This smart assistant is powered using our data science models which are continuously improving as we acquire more data.
Business Model; The commission-driven pricing model native to real estate allows us to charge a percentage of transaction fees on top of the SaaS fee, similar to a fintech model (which is much higher upside and aligned incentives to the broker team).
What you’ll be doing?
- Act as a lead engineer and resolve blockers. Help the engineering team stay productive :)
- Nurture technical initiatives around tooling, technical debt, security etc.
- Product: Work closely with product, business & operations. Translate abstract business & product requirements into crisp technical specifications along with a delivery roadmap.
- Process: Advocate good engineering practices, proactive RCAs etc.
- Coach & mentor engineers in the team with regular feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
- Managing & supporting the technology team (3-5 members)
- Regular 1-1s. Nurture career development conversations
- Provide regular feedback to reportees
- Work towards building a high-performance team
- Hiring: You will actively take part in building the team & iterating upon our hiring engine.
- Take a hands-on role as an when required (especially the first 6-9 months); write & review code on a regular basis. Think of it as a Tech Lead EM kind of role when being hands-on.
- Stay & keep the team aligned with the technical & product direction. Provide a solid technical direction including establishing a tech vision, resolving technical disagreements & managing technical quality of deliverables
- Architecture & design: Co-own the product architecture & design. Proactively ensure that the system architecture evolves to meet its changing needs & environment.
- Current Stack: Django/Python, Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS EC2/RDS/Lambda/Elasticache/S3, Android/Java etc. - It’s okay if you aren’t familiar with the whole stack as long as you have experience working on distributed systems.
- 5+ years of experience building products.
- 1.5+ years experience in architecting/designing systems from ground-up
- 1.5+ years experience leading engineering teams.
- Education: Graduate in a relevant domain (preferably).
- Joining Date: As soon as possible
- Location: Remote first till June 2021 - We’ll work out of our Noida office once it's safer to work from the office.
- Compensation: 30-50 LPA + ESOP’s
Why should you consider us seriously?
- Health Insurance
- All office meals are on the house :)
- Unlimited vacation & WFH policy, which means you are not entitled to a specific number of leaves per year. You can take time off from work according to what suits you the best. Needless to say, the system works on trust and we expect you to make fair decisions based on the team's needs. We are a well-balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs and are backed by top investors across India and the Silicon Valley (Blume Ventures, 91springboard, senior product execs at Square, Genpact & Flipkart; co-founders of Infosys, Snapdeal, Slideshare, Zomato, etc)
- You can read more about our values and culture: https://www.squadstack.com/culture/
- We believe that longer-term, people >> product & profits and prioritize culture over everything else. Check out our reviews on glassdoor reviews.